Friday, February 24, 2006

Elbow

You know what it is about this band... I can enjoy them in unendinggracelessness. They are neo-poppy-whatevers and do it well. Like listening to great bands of the past(90s*) doing their thing. It's almost too easy on the ears. I could listen to them for ever. And I have nothing other more to say other than that, that, that..

Listening to them is like listening to Gabriel singing in Genesis. It is amazing at how well they bring barbershop-quartet-type choruses together with such a fucking poppy sound.

No one here in the US is going to get/hear them for about 6 months from now. I can live in that.

What I can't live with is that the fact that I can enjoy myself without the feeling that I should not like them for being "poppy." God-damn they are really the best fucking band out there

Mexican Standoff is one of the many that stand out on this album. I know that they have two others under their belt, but this is my first for this band.

I will say that they have revived my spirit for music, ... in an of itself

Just don't let it go to your fucking head.


*Not that there were many bands that were good. Just that the bands that were good, were really really good. (See Pearl Jam(Cause they were really good))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home